Rail services affected after person hit by train
- Credit: Archant
Services on the London mainline have been cancelled as a person died after being hit by a train this morning.
The 8am Norwich to London Liverpool Street was cancelled after a person was hit by a train in Romford.
The 10am London Liverpool Street to Norwich has also been cancelled as a result of the incident.
A spokesman for the British Transport Police said: "We were called to the line near Chadwell Heath just before 7.20am this morning, following reports of a casualty on the tracks.
"Paramedics also attended, and sadly a person was pronounced dead at the scene.
"The incident is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner."
In a tweet Greater Anglia said: "All lines are blocked between Ilford and Romford owing to a person being hit by a train.
- 1 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 2 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 3 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 4 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 5 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 6 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 7 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 8 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 9 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 10 Anti-crime campaigners plan Christmas grotto at tattoo studio
"Train services are subject to severe delays, short notice alterations/cancellations."
Information on delays and refunds can be found online.