Woman arrested after firefighters rescue driver from crash
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving following a crash which saw a driver cut out of their car by firefighters.
Police, firefighters and the East Anglian Air Ambulance were all called to the scene of the crash on the B1456 near Shotley just before 3.40am on Thursday, July 1.
The two cars, a Ford Fiesta and a Suzuki Vitara, had crashed between Shotley and Shotley Gate.
One of the drivers, a woman, was freed from her car by firefighters and taken to hospital by ambulance for a check-up.
A police spokesman said her injuries are not believed to be serious.
A 50-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving and has been taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Recovery for the vehicles arrived at 6.35am and the road has since reopened.
- 1 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 6 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?