Tragic family members named
POLICE have named two family members who died after a rescue attempt turned into a double tragedy.Brian Dove, 55, of Butt Lane, Burgh Castle died alongside his stepson Charles Buckenham in a disused marine fuel tank yesterday.
POLICE have named two family members who died after a rescue turned into a double tragedy.
Brian Dove, 55, of Butt Lane, Burgh Castle died alongside his stepson Charles Buckenham in a disused marine fuel tank yesterday.
It is believed the 52-year-old stepson, of Hardy Close, Lowestoft, climbed into the tank after his stepfather got into difficulties.
The bodies of the two engineers were recovered from the tank in Oulton Broad, Lowestoft after a seven-hour rescue effort by the emergency services.
You may also want to watch:
Health and Safety Executive experts are investigating, but is believed both men may have been overcome by fumes in the fuel tank.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 5 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 6 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 7 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 8 Man accused of burgling GP surgeries and pharmacy appears in court
- 9 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 10 Stroke survivor cut off from family in lockdown returns home