Tragic kitten fails to survive journey
ONE of three kittens that survived a journey from Greece to the UK trapped in a container has died.But officials from Suffolk's trading standards department say the remaining stowaways are making a good recovery and are responding well to treatment.
ONE of three kittens that survived a journey from Greece to the UK trapped in a container has died.
But officials from Suffolk's trading standards department say the remaining stowaways are making a good recovery and are responding well to treatment.
The animals, thought to be about four months old, were discovered in a container from Greece that arrived at the Port of Felixstowe last week.
The kittens, which managed to survive by licking droplets of condensation from the container wall, were found at Ransomes Europark in Ipswich on Thursday.
After their arrival, the severely emaciated animals were placed in quarantine. But officials warned unless enough money is generated to cover the £2,000 needed to keep them there for the full six months, they would be destroyed.
Anyone wanting more information on the cats should contact trading standards on 01473 584368.
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 4 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 5 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 6 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 7 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 8 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 9 Ipswich pubs offer cash reward to see spiking conviction
- 10 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith