Tragic kitten fails to survive journey
ONE of three kittens that survived a journey from Greece to the UK trapped in a container has died.But officials from Suffolk's trading standards department say the remaining stowaways are making a good recovery and are responding well to treatment.
ONE of three kittens that survived a journey from Greece to the UK trapped in a container has died.
But officials from Suffolk's trading standards department say the remaining stowaways are making a good recovery and are responding well to treatment.
The animals, thought to be about four months old, were discovered in a container from Greece that arrived at the Port of Felixstowe last week.
The kittens, which managed to survive by licking droplets of condensation from the container wall, were found at Ransomes Europark in Ipswich on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
After their arrival, the severely emaciated animals were placed in quarantine. But officials warned unless enough money is generated to cover the £2,000 needed to keep them there for the full six months, they would be destroyed.
Anyone wanting more information on the cats should contact trading standards on 01473 584368.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 3 Thieves use bank cards after stealing rucksack from Ipswich doorstep
- 4 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich paedophile jailed for downloading indecent images of boys
- 6 Drink-driver reversed into car while banned from the road
- 7 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 8 Man who spat at neighbour in racist attack given community order
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship