Tragic kitten fails to survive journey
ONE of three kittens that survived a journey from Greece to the UK trapped in a container has died.But officials from Suffolk's trading standards department say the remaining stowaways are making a good recovery and are responding well to treatment.
ONE of three kittens that survived a journey from Greece to the UK trapped in a container has died.
But officials from Suffolk's trading standards department say the remaining stowaways are making a good recovery and are responding well to treatment.
The animals, thought to be about four months old, were discovered in a container from Greece that arrived at the Port of Felixstowe last week.
The kittens, which managed to survive by licking droplets of condensation from the container wall, were found at Ransomes Europark in Ipswich on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
After their arrival, the severely emaciated animals were placed in quarantine. But officials warned unless enough money is generated to cover the £2,000 needed to keep them there for the full six months, they would be destroyed.
Anyone wanting more information on the cats should contact trading standards on 01473 584368.
- 1 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: Burglar, dangerous driver and drug dealer put behind bars
- 3 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 4 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 5 Man, 20, to face trial over £1,500 drug haul
- 6 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 7 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 8 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 9 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 10 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich