Trail of destruction left by vandals
SEVEN homeowners are today faced with big repair bills after vandals left a trail of destruction in their wake.A plea for information has been issued by police after yobs knocked down garden walls in six roads in the Castle Hill and Whitton areas.
SEVEN homeowners are today faced with big repair bills after vandals left a trail of destruction in their wake.
A plea for information has been issued by police after yobs knocked down garden walls in six roads in the Castle Hill and Whitton areas.
Walls outside homes in Fircroft Road, Larchcroft Road, Pearcroft Road, Aldercroft Road, Congreve Road and Burke Road were all pushed over between Friday night and early Saturday.
Police are hoping witnesses to the damage will come forward. They believe someone must have seen some of the damage being done as the vandals covered a wide area spanning around a mile.
You may also want to watch:
Further damage was caused in Fircroft Road, where the windows in a telephone kiosk were smashed.
Anyone with information is asked to telephone Pc Ian Rowland at Ipswich police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 3 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 4 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 8 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 9 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder