Trail of destruction left by vandals
SEVEN homeowners are today faced with big repair bills after vandals left a trail of destruction in their wake.A plea for information has been issued by police after yobs knocked down garden walls in six roads in the Castle Hill and Whitton areas.
SEVEN homeowners are today faced with big repair bills after vandals left a trail of destruction in their wake.
A plea for information has been issued by police after yobs knocked down garden walls in six roads in the Castle Hill and Whitton areas.
Walls outside homes in Fircroft Road, Larchcroft Road, Pearcroft Road, Aldercroft Road, Congreve Road and Burke Road were all pushed over between Friday night and early Saturday.
Police are hoping witnesses to the damage will come forward. They believe someone must have seen some of the damage being done as the vandals covered a wide area spanning around a mile.
You may also want to watch:
Further damage was caused in Fircroft Road, where the windows in a telephone kiosk were smashed.
Anyone with information is asked to telephone Pc Ian Rowland at Ipswich police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111
- 1 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 2 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 3 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 8 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season