Train delays between Ipswich and Needham Market due to signalling fault
- Credit: Archant
Rail services between Ipswich and Needham Market are being delayed due to a signalling fault.
Services running through the two stations are being delayed by up to 10 minutes in both directions, train operator Abellio Greater Anglia (AGA) said.
The problem was reported at around 7.30am on Saturday. Network Rail engineers are working to repair the fault.
Disruption is expected until the end of the day.
An AGA spokesman said: “Customers are advised this problem is affecting train services between Ipswich and Norwich/Cambridge and Peterborough in both directions, please allow for an extended journey time.
You may also want to watch:
“We are sorry if your journey is affected by this problem. Network Rail engineers are working as quickly as possible to resolve this problem and restore a normal train service.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 5 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 10 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild