Train services through Chelmsford face 60 minute delays or cancellations due to points failure
- Credit: Archant
Train services in Suffolk and Essex are being delayed or cancelled this morning.
A points failure at Chelmsford is disrupting train services in both directions between Shenfield and Chelmsford, Witham, Braintree, Colchester, Clacton, Ipswich and Norwich.
Services running through Chelmsford rail station are being cancelled, delayed by up to 60 minutes or revised.
Services are also currently unable to run from Shenfield towards “Chelmsford and beyond”, an Abellio Greater Anglia (AGA) spokesman said.
At Ipswich train station, services to Norwich are being delayed by over 20 minutes and the 9.30am service to London Liverpool Street has been cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
The AGA spokesman added: “Greater Anglia and Network Rail are sorry if your journey has been affected by this disruption.”
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 9 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch
- 10 Decision expected on demolition of former Ipswich snooker hall