Train stops - after running out of power
AN INTERCITY electric train from Ipswich to Norwich came to a grinding halt today – after signal staff in Colchester sent it down a line with no power!Hundreds of passengers on the 8.
AN INTERCITY electric train from Ipswich to Norwich came to a grinding halt today - after signal staff in Colchester sent it down a line with no power!
Hundreds of passengers on the 8.37 from Ipswich were left fuming as it sat on the side of the track until a diesel train was sent to rescue it.
It was eventually pushed back into the station before resuming its journey to Norwich an our late.
A spokesman for rail operator 'one' said the train had been directed along a line where the power had been turned off because of the engineering work in Ipswich tunnel.
You may also want to watch:
"The signalling is done by Network Rail, so I don't know exactly what happened - but it would appear that someone forgot the power was switched off.
"We're sending a rescue locomotive. We apologise to our passengers and will be trying to find out what happened," he said.
- 1 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 2 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 3 Community 'very shocked' by stabbing in Ipswich
- 4 Drug dealer seen bragging in YouTube rap videos
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 Work to start on new Ipswich town centre retirement homes
- 7 Man to be sentenced over 'dine and dash' spree
- 8 Burglary at O2 store in Ipswich town centre
- 9 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 10 Pair in court following suspected stolen dogs raid at West Meadows
Network Rail was today looking into the incident - but could not say exactly why the train had been sent down a "dead" section of track.