Training costs saved by ambulance trust
THOUSANDS of pounds are to be saved by East Anglian Ambulance Trust which is now able to carry out its own emergency driver training.Around £75,000 a year will now be saved, which would normally have been paid to outside training instructors.
By Jessica Nicholls
THOUSANDS of pounds are to be saved by East Anglian Ambulance Trust which is now able to carry out its own emergency driver training.
Around £75,000 a year will now be saved, which would normally have been paid to outside training instructors.
Previously drivers would have been sent on special courses for the training but now the Trust has received accreditation to train their own.
Simon Butler, Head of Education & Training, said the course had been designed to meet the driving needs and safety issues of the area.
He said: "It's focussed specifically on emergency and Patient Transport Services ambulance driving, and we're delighted to have received accreditation.
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 3 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 4 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
- 5 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 6 Driver taken to hospital after car crashes into parked vehicle
- 7 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 8 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 9 List of 18 rejected proposals to save Felixstowe beach huts revealed
- 10 Fuel spillage causes delays on busy Ipswich road after truck breaks down
"On the course itself, driver training will take place throughout East Anglia and may go nationwide for specific driving conditions such as hills etc."
Courses have to be signed off by the Institute of Health and Care Development on behalf of the Ambulance Service Association.
The Trust now carries out all of its emergency medical technician and paramedic training in-house, and has ten nationally qualified emergency driving instructors.