Trains cancelled between Ipswich and Felixstowe tonight and tomorrow
Trains running between Ipswich and Felixstowe have been cancelled this evening and due to a higher than usual number of broken down trains.
Operator Abellio Greater Anglia said it expected delays to continue until the end of tomorrow (Friday).
All trains running between Ipswich and Felixstowe, in both directions, are affected.
A bus is running between the two towns as a replacement service, which will extend journey times by around 40 minutes.
Passengers travelling to Westerfield should instead use an Ipswich to Lowestoft route, which will stop additionally at Westerfield this evening.
You may also want to watch:
A further update is expected at around 7pm.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 9 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 10 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police