Travel: Gas works which are causing grid lock on London Road are set to continue
IPSWICH: Emergency gas works are causing traffic delays in a busy Ipswich street.
London Road has been grid locked today due to gas mains repair works outside Sainsbury’s petrol station.
National Grid, which is carrying out the works, said that owing to the position of the gas main, two of the three lanes going into Ipswich at this location will be closed, with traffic channelled into one lane.
The work will affect inbound traffic into Ipswich only.
Speaking this afternoon, a spokeswoman for National Grid said they expected the work to continue for the rest of the day and tomorrow morning.
You may also want to watch:
Network supervisor Karl Shipp said: “We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused. Every effort will be made to complete the repair as soon as possible.”
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 10 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders