Travellers arrive at West End Road car park in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A group of travellers have parked up at West End Road car park in Ipswich, close to the town’s railway station.
Around 15 caravans arrived at the borough council-owned car park, which backs onto the former Zest and Hollywood nightclub, last night.
A spokesman for Ipswich Borough Council said it is taking all necessary steps to move the group on.
He said the travellers arrived on the site last night and council officials are liaising with their partners to resolve the situation.
“We are taking all the necessary to secure possession of the site,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“In the meantime, we understand the frustration of motorists who use the car park but we would ask them to treat our car parking staff with patience and respect during this time.”
It comes just a fortnight after a group of travellers left the car park of their own accord having arrived on Sunday, July 9.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 3 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood