Travellers move out of Felixstowe park
- Credit: Archant
A group of travellers who pitched up at a Felixstowe park over the weekend have now left the site.
Residents reported that a number of caravans had parked at Langer Park.
Police said today (Monday, June 14): "Following engagement with parties involved, a traveller encampment on Langer Park in Felixstowe has now left the location.
"Officers worked with partner agencies, under agreed protocols around unauthorised encampments.”
A spokesperson for East Suffolk Council said: "“The unauthorised encampment at Langer Park in Felixstowe has now been vacated.
"Officers from East Suffolk Norse will check the site and ensure the park is available for use.”
Travellers have also moved into the park on previous occasions, including in 2013 and 2014.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 5 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 6 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020