Travellers leave West End Road car park in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Travellers who pitched up in West End Road car park in Ipswich last weekend have left the site after being dealt an eviction notice and court date.
The group of six caravans arrived on Sunday evening at the pay-and-display car park, which is on the outskirts of Ipswich town centre, with a further two joining on Monday.
Ipswich Borough Council, which runs the car park, served the group an eviction notice yesterday having begun legal proceedings earlier in the week.
A County Court hearing was scheduled to take place on Wednesday.
However, a spokesman for the borough council confirmed that the group had left the site in the early hours of this afternoon.
He added that they were thought to have left Ipswich altogether.
The car park had remained open to the public throughout the travellers’ occupation, albeit with a reduced number of spaces available.
- 1 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 2 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 3 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 4 Group of youths seen carrying weapons in Ipswich park
- 5 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 6 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
- 7 Food review, La Cueva, Ipswich: 'Delicious food... and sparkly cocktails!'
- 8 Education 'exemplary' at Outstanding Ipswich academy
- 9 Police stop two vans overloaded by more than a ton each in Ipswich
- 10 First look at 172-bed student accommodation plan
Welfare checks were also carried out through the week.