Travellers move on from Bramford Lane Recreation Ground in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A group of travellers who parked up at the Bramford Lane Recreation Ground in Ipswich on Thursday evening have now moved on.
Caravans and associated vehicles set up the unlawful camp on the land on Bramford Lane having moved from the West End Road car park.
The first few vehicles had arrived at the recreation ground on Thursday evening, with the rest of the vehicles, totalling around 15, joining them overnight.
It is understood they cut though barriers at the recreation ground to gain entry to the land.
Ipswich Borough Council, which owns both the West End Road car park and the recreation ground, immediately started legal proceedings to move the group on.
However, a spokesman for Ipswich Borough Council confirmed this evening that the group have moved away from Bramford Road.
He said: “We don’t know where they have gone to but there are reports they have left Ipswich.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 2 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 3 Ipswich family's visa nightmare leaves them fearing separation
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Teenage moped driver arrested in Ipswich after failing drug test
- 6 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 7 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 8 Suffolk DJ 'couldn't believe' call to perform before Diana Ross
- 9 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 10 Ipswich Microshops celebrate 'whirlwind' of a first year
“The clear up will begin first thing tomorrow.”