Tributes to former restaurant owner
A FORMER policeman has paid tribute to a “perfect gentleman” who died when his car was in collision with a lorry.Tony Green, of Red Hill Road, Hadleigh, said the death of 80-year-old Kee Wah Lee was a sad loss for the whole town.
A FORMER policeman has paid tribute to a “perfect gentleman” who died when his car was in collision with a lorry.
Tony Green, of Red Hill Road, Hadleigh, said the death of 80-year-old Kee Wah Lee was a sad loss for the whole town.
Mr Lee, of Dyer Court, Hadleigh is believed to have opened the Jasmine House takeaway in High Street around 30 years ago.
Mr Green, who was a police officer at the time, said: “I always found him to be friendly, honest and the perfect gentleman.
You may also want to watch:
“I also found that the whole family - mother, sons and daughter - were people who were highly respected in the town.”
Mr Lee died after the collision between his Mercedes A Class and a seven-and-a-half tonne Iveco tipper lorry on the A120 in Essex on Monday at about 3.30pm near Great Bromley.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 3 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
The driver of the tipper truck, a 59-year-old man from Colchester, suffered minor injuries to his knee and was badly shaken. He was taken to hospital for a check-up.
Do you know Mr Lee? Would you like to pay tribute to him? Please call The Evening Star news desk on 01473 324788 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org