Tributes to tragic little girl
FRIENDS of tragic Kesgrave tot Paige Griffin today paid tribute to her as a lively little girl with a bubbly personality.Preparations are being made for the funeral of the three-year-old who died earlier this month after falling into a swimming pool.
FRIENDS of tragic Kesgrave tot Paige Griffin today paid tribute to her as a lively little girl with a bubbly personality.
Preparations are being made for the funeral of the three-year-old who died earlier this month after falling into a swimming pool.
Luke Tokley, 15, of Glanville Place, is friends with Paige's older brother Jason and would often spend time at her house.
He said: "She was always running around full of life.
"She would always say 'come on, Tokey, come on in' when I went round because she couldn't say Tokley.
"When we said 'respect' she would put her fists to ours and say 'respect' back.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 3 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 4 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 5 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 8 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 Inquest into death of 32-year-old woman in Barham crash postponed
"I am really saddened by her death and will really miss her."
Paige, of Glanville Place, Kesgrave, was found unconscious in the pool in the back garden of a house in Briarwood Road, Woodbridge on Thursday, May 12.
The alarm is believed to have been raised at 4.20pm when adults realised the youngster was not in the house.
They searched for Paige and found her unconscious in the pool.
She was airlifted to Ipswich Hospital and later transferred to St Mary's Hospital in London but died three days later.
Paige's funeral will take place in her hometown of Kesgrave at 10.30am on Friday.
The service will be held at Kesgrave Church.
The family has requested flowers only from close friends and family.
Donations can be made to PLCU Ward, St Mary's Hospital, London, c/o EB Button and Sons Limited, 24 St John's Street, Woodbridge IP12 1EB.