Tricky challenge for Dean
HE'S been calling himself Dexterous Dean for years – and now he must prove he is worthy of the title.For whacky world record breaker Dean Gould has been set a special six-part challenge to prove he has the fastest flipping fingers and the handiest hands.
HE'S been calling himself Dexterous Dean for years – and now he must prove he is worthy of the title.
For whacky world record breaker Dean Gould has been set a special six-part challenge to prove he has the fastest flipping fingers and the handiest hands.
If he beats the challenges, the master of the zany and bizarre will have completed about ten minutes of madness and hold a new title – the World's Most Dexterous Man.
"I have been called Dexterous Dean many times over the years on TV and in the newspapers and friends suggested I should do this special challenge to prove it," said father-of-three Dean, of Church Road, Old Felixstowe.
"It is quite exciting and I am really looking forward to it and hoping there will be quite a big crowd to watch.
"Some of the challenges are familiar ones which I have done for many years, such as beer mat flipping, coin snatching and juggling, but there are a couple of new ones as well which will test me.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 3 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 4 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 5 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 6 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 7 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 8 Search for new Post Office in east Ipswich
- 9 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 10 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
"I have been practising hard and just don't want to let anyone down, but it can be difficult when you only get one go at getting it right."
Dean, who holds 30 records in the Guinness Book of Records, Book of Alternative Records and Record Holders Republic, said the challenge would be his hardest yet.
"The challenges are timed from the start and so once the clock starts ticking I just have to go for it – it won't stop for mistakes or setting up an attempt. I am hoping it will take me around ten minutes," he said.
The event is to take place at the Sterling Peugeot showroom in High Road West, Felixstowe, at 7.30pm on July 29.
Dean, 41, married to Natalie and has children Adam, Amy and Nathan, began his record breaking over 20 years with beer mat flipping, creating a new world record and enjoying the buzz so much records became his obsession.
Speed eating, stamp licking, pancake tossing, ball bouncing, winkle picking, coin snatching and needle threading, plus others, soon followed.