Trimley: Big cat spotted in Trimley St Martin!
- Credit: Archant
KEEPING watch over the great grasslands of the Trimleys, the villages’ very own big cat has one of the best vantage points.
This tiger – spotted lounging on the roof of a property – can see for miles around as he hunts for prey and mounts a look-out for predators.
His presence has certainly made one or two people look twice and rub their eyes, before raising a smile as they continue down High Road, Trimley St Martin.
From a distance it does look realistic, but the tiger is actually a big cuddly toy, the type usually won accidentally at fairground stalls, and not one of the world’s rarest wild animals on the loose.
It was placed on the roof of a new extension to a house at the corner of High Road and Howlett Way by workers at the site.
You may also want to watch:
One worker said: “We found it in the house and just put it on the roof for a laugh.
“As we were doing it, a coachload of youngsters came past and they were all watching and pointing and really enjoying it. Several people have stopped to look and it does look quite realistic from further away.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
“We might keep him up there for a few days and change his position occasionally.”
He joked: “We can’t really go up there and finish the roof until he goes – after all, he’s a wild animal!”
? Send us your funny photos from around the area – upload them at suffolk.iwitness24.co.uk