Trimley: New organisers of the popular Trimley Carnival prepare for their first event this weekend
- Credit: Archant
After last year’s wash-out, the new organisers of Trimley Carnival are keeping their fingers firmly crossed this weekend for summer sunshine as they stage their first event.
With the theme Cartoons and Comic Books, the procession will wind its way between the twin villages – joining Trimley St Mary and Trimley St Martin in a day of celebration.
Carnival chairman Sharon Iannuzzi is hoping the crowds will turn out in force on Saturday after the disappointment of last year, when heavy rains left the events field waterlogged and forced the cancellation of the event.
She said: “We are really pleased that we have been able to continue the good work carried out over the last 10 years by the previous committee and are looking forward to continuing to put on this annual community event for many more years to come.
“The carnival has been part of village life for over 40 years.”
Judging of the parade will start at 12.15pm with the procession setting off from Faulkeners Way at 1pm, making its way along High Road to the grounds of the Trimley Sports and Social Club.
The colourful cavalcade will be led by carnival queen Zoe Hiscock and her princess, Symone Slater, and prince, Declan Garry.
- 1 Train services in Suffolk cancelled after horses escape onto tracks
- 2 'Quietly confident' - Felixstowe Indian restaurant goes alcohol-free
- 3 Man turned up naked on woman's doorstep after Euros Final
- 4 Man found dead as police and fire service called to Ipswich home
- 5 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 6 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 7 Severe delays on A14 as lane blocked on Orwell Bridge
- 8 Busy Ipswich road reopens after small sinkhole is repaired
- 9 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 10 Why has my car been covered in dust?
Gates open at the sports club field at noon and attractions in the main arena will include a display by Felixstowe Karate Club at 2.30pm, Mystic and Gypsy Dream Belly Dancers at 3pm and the Ipswich Diamonds Majorette Troop at 3.30pm.
People will also be able to see the Lait Dance Club 4pm, Team Spirit Cheerleading Group 4.30pm, and Poloz Majorette Troop 5pm.
There will be stalls, fairground attractions, games and barbecue, and music throughout the afternoon by Trance Mobile Disco.
Admission is £1 adults and children free.
The grand draw will take place at 5.30pm and the gates close at 6pm.
All money raised at the carnival will be shared between charities and good causes working in and serving the two Trimley villages.