Trimley: Organisers hail annual village beer festival as a great success
- Credit: Archant
Spending was up at the Trimley Beer Festival as people flocked to enjoy the annual event.
The four-day festival had a new attraction this year, a food festival, as well as 40 beers for people to try, with 30 kegs out at any one time, and six ciders.
Yesterday’s attractions included a full line-up of bands playing on an outdoor stage on the field at the Trimley Sports and Social Club.
The programme included Shotgun Rivals, Remedy, Keep It Secret, Hurricane Alley, The Downsetters and Circa Fall.
Chantelle Betts, assistant manager at the club in High Road, Trimley St Martin, said: “It’s been a very busy weekend – absolutely manic at times. Takings up are on last year, which is excellent.
You may also want to watch:
“The weather has been awesome and we have had people shoulder to shoulder standing in the sunshine enjoying the bands.”
Planning is already under way for next year’s festival, which will be the ninth, and ideas are already being looked at for new attractions.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 5 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 9 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 10 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store