Trio of Suffolk men accused of raping teenager cleared in court
Three Ipswich men accused of raping a 15-year-old girl have been cleared after the prosecution offered no evidence against them.
The teenager was allegedly raped at a house in the town by a group of men, who were allegedly members of a gang called “Soldiers of Odin”, on October 16 last year.
Before Ipswich Crown Court were Bartosz Kowalewski, 32, of Norwich Road, Mateusaz Nowakowski, 25, of Yarmouth Road and Aurimas Nabazas, 34, of Lavender Hill who all denied raping the girl.
A jury was discharged earlier this year after it was unable to reach verdicts on the rape charge.
Today (Tuesday) Stephen Spence, prosecuting, said he wouldn’t be seeking a retrial and not guilty verdicts were entered on the court record after he offered no evidence against all three men.
You may also want to watch:
Kowalewski, who wasn’t required to attend court, had previously admitted making indecent images of a child and will be sentenced at a later date.
- 1 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 2 Teenager arrested after man suffers cut to neck on Ipswich estate
- 3 Anger at parking fines for butcher, barber and carpet fitter shoppers
- 4 Meet the strongest 40+ English woman, a teacher from Ipswich
- 5 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 6 Police cordon off section of Ipswich residential street
- 7 Roadworks held up by parked Mini
- 8 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 9 School completes £15.5million revamp with demolition of former building
- 10 Teenager, 17, charged with possession of offensive weapon after incident