Trio of Suffolk men accused of raping teenager cleared in court
Three Ipswich men accused of raping a 15-year-old girl have been cleared after the prosecution offered no evidence against them.
The teenager was allegedly raped at a house in the town by a group of men, who were allegedly members of a gang called “Soldiers of Odin”, on October 16 last year.
Before Ipswich Crown Court were Bartosz Kowalewski, 32, of Norwich Road, Mateusaz Nowakowski, 25, of Yarmouth Road and Aurimas Nabazas, 34, of Lavender Hill who all denied raping the girl.
A jury was discharged earlier this year after it was unable to reach verdicts on the rape charge.
Today (Tuesday) Stephen Spence, prosecuting, said he wouldn’t be seeking a retrial and not guilty verdicts were entered on the court record after he offered no evidence against all three men.
You may also want to watch:
Kowalewski, who wasn’t required to attend court, had previously admitted making indecent images of a child and will be sentenced at a later date.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 9 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch
- 10 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain