Triple race accused remanded in custody
A 35-YEAR-OLD Ipswich man has appeared in court accused of the triple rape of an underage girl.Paul Hunt, from Boyton Road, Ipswich listened with a bowed head as the prosecution outlined the string of sexual offences case against him.
A 35-YEAR-OLD Ipswich man has appeared in court accused of the triple rape of an under-age girl.
Paul Hunt, of Boyton Road, listened with bowed head as the prosecution outlined the case against him, involving a string of sexual offences.
He was accused in total of nine offences carried out over a two-year period.
Hunt, who appeared at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court, is charged with raping an under-age girl three times between May 6, 1999, and February 5, 2001.
You may also want to watch:
He is also charged with a further three counts of underage sexual intercourse during the same period.
He also faces a further three charges of indecent assault between the same two dates.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 6 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 7 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 8 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 9 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 10 Stroke survivor cut off from family in lockdown returns home
Appearing in the dock, grey-haired Hunt, with a moustache and with an earring in his left ear and wearing a blue striped jumper, spoke only to confirm his name and address.
Prosecutor Patricia Doggett told the court Hunt, who was arrested on December 10, and is yet to enter a formal plea, had denied the allegations in a statement to police.
During the half-hour proceedings, chairman of the bench David Brennan imposed reporting restrictions to protect the identity of the victim.
He denied an application by Roger Stewart, for the defence, for bail.
Hunt was remanded in custody to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on January 30.