Triple race accused remanded in custody
A 35-YEAR-OLD Ipswich man has appeared in court accused of the triple rape of an underage girl.Paul Hunt, from Boyton Road, Ipswich listened with a bowed head as the prosecution outlined the string of sexual offences case against him.
A 35-YEAR-OLD Ipswich man has appeared in court accused of the triple rape of an under-age girl.
Paul Hunt, of Boyton Road, listened with bowed head as the prosecution outlined the case against him, involving a string of sexual offences.
He was accused in total of nine offences carried out over a two-year period.
Hunt, who appeared at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court, is charged with raping an under-age girl three times between May 6, 1999, and February 5, 2001.
He is also charged with a further three counts of underage sexual intercourse during the same period.
He also faces a further three charges of indecent assault between the same two dates.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 6 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 7 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 10 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
Appearing in the dock, grey-haired Hunt, with a moustache and with an earring in his left ear and wearing a blue striped jumper, spoke only to confirm his name and address.
Prosecutor Patricia Doggett told the court Hunt, who was arrested on December 10, and is yet to enter a formal plea, had denied the allegations in a statement to police.
During the half-hour proceedings, chairman of the bench David Brennan imposed reporting restrictions to protect the identity of the victim.
He denied an application by Roger Stewart, for the defence, for bail.
Hunt was remanded in custody to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on January 30.