Triple race accused remanded in custody
A 35-YEAR-OLD Ipswich man has appeared in court accused of the triple rape of an underage girl.Paul Hunt, from Boyton Road, Ipswich listened with a bowed head as the prosecution outlined the string of sexual offences case against him.
A 35-YEAR-OLD Ipswich man has appeared in court accused of the triple rape of an under-age girl.
Paul Hunt, of Boyton Road, listened with bowed head as the prosecution outlined the case against him, involving a string of sexual offences.
He was accused in total of nine offences carried out over a two-year period.
Hunt, who appeared at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court, is charged with raping an under-age girl three times between May 6, 1999, and February 5, 2001.
You may also want to watch:
He is also charged with a further three counts of underage sexual intercourse during the same period.
He also faces a further three charges of indecent assault between the same two dates.
- 1 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 3 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 4 New Starbucks drive thru set to open in Ipswich
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 Man charged with assault after police officer punched in the face
- 7 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 8 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
- 9 Suspect in Victoria Hall murder case still being questioned by police
- 10 Go-ahead secured for new hotel near Ipswich Town ground
Appearing in the dock, grey-haired Hunt, with a moustache and with an earring in his left ear and wearing a blue striped jumper, spoke only to confirm his name and address.
Prosecutor Patricia Doggett told the court Hunt, who was arrested on December 10, and is yet to enter a formal plea, had denied the allegations in a statement to police.
During the half-hour proceedings, chairman of the bench David Brennan imposed reporting restrictions to protect the identity of the victim.
He denied an application by Roger Stewart, for the defence, for bail.
Hunt was remanded in custody to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on January 30.