Tube derailment causes chaos
A DERAILMENT of a central line underground train is causing chaos for commuters today.Part of the line is closed from Leytonstone to Liverpool Street following the incident between Bethnal Green and Mile End.
A DERAILMENT of a central line underground train is causing chaos for commuters today.
Part of the line is closed from Leytonstone to Liverpool Street following the incident between Bethnal Green and Mile End.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said there were reports that one passenger suffered a minor leg injury when the train left the tracks at 9.04am.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said paramedics were attending the scene, but there were no reports of further injuries.
A Transport for London (TfL) spokesman said: "We are looking at reports there was an obstruction on the track.
"Passengers from the train will be taken to safety when the track has been checked. Mile End and Bethnal Green stations have been closed."
- 1 Severe delays on A14 and Orwell Bridge after wheel falls off ambulance
- 2 Lorry recovered after overturning on A14 roundabout at Felixstowe
- 3 Two hour delays on A14 after road closed near Felixstowe
- 4 5 businesses opening up in Ipswich soon
- 5 Taco Bell plans set to be approved
- 6 Driver taken to hospital after three-car crash on A12 near Ipswich
- 7 A14 slip road closed near Ipswich after BMW catches fire
- 8 Memorial match for colleague killed outside takeaway
- 9 'The food at this new Ipswich restaurant tastes amazing'
- 10 Suffolk cinemas at risk as Cineworld 'set to file for bankruptcy'
The incident site is close to Chancery Lane station on the Central line where 32 passengers were injured in a derailment in January 2003.