Tube derailment causes chaos
A DERAILMENT of a central line underground train is causing chaos for commuters today.Part of the line is closed from Leytonstone to Liverpool Street following the incident between Bethnal Green and Mile End.
A DERAILMENT of a central line underground train is causing chaos for commuters today.
Part of the line is closed from Leytonstone to Liverpool Street following the incident between Bethnal Green and Mile End.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said there were reports that one passenger suffered a minor leg injury when the train left the tracks at 9.04am.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said paramedics were attending the scene, but there were no reports of further injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A Transport for London (TfL) spokesman said: "We are looking at reports there was an obstruction on the track.
"Passengers from the train will be taken to safety when the track has been checked. Mile End and Bethnal Green stations have been closed."
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 5 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 6 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 7 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 8 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 9 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 10 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch
The incident site is close to Chancery Lane station on the Central line where 32 passengers were injured in a derailment in January 2003.