Beauty and the Geek star Carrie Watson shares career tips with Suffolk New College students
- Credit: JULIE BEGUM
A successful television presenter has visited an Ipswich college to share her knowledge and experiences with students.
Carrie Watson, originally from Bury St Edmunds, has worked for the likes of ITV and Motorsport TV, and also starred on the Channel 4 reality show, Beauty and the Geek.
The entertainer has led a workshop with media students at Suffolk New College.
Tutor Glen White, who used to work with Carrie on the Kiss FM breakfast show, said: “The workshop that we hosted took place in the college TV studio that has industry standard cameras and a green screen set up.
“As well as talking about her journey, Carrie gave more general advice about interviewing people, how to use an autocue and discussed TV presenting generally.
You may also want to watch:
“Many of our students are keen to secure roles in the television industry so to say we were thrilled that she gave up her time to visit us would be an understatement.”
Carrie, who has recently been in talks to be a regional television weather presenter, told students a positive attitude was essential to survive in the field.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 6 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 9 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
She added: “This was my first time talking to students as a mentor but I enjoyed it and I was happy to try and help them.”