Two airlifted to hospital
TWO people were airlifted to hospital today after a two-vehicle accident on the B1122 at Middleton.The incident, at just after 8am, was attended to by three fire appliances, who used cutting equipment to free the three trapped persons.
TWO people were airlifted to hospital today after a two-vehicle accident on the B1122 at Middleton.
The incident, at just after 8am, was attended to by three fire appliances, who used cutting equipment to free the three trapped persons.
It is not thought any of the victims suffered life-threatening injuries but two people were taken to Ipswich Hospital by the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
The collision involved a blue Vauxhall Astra and a blue Ford Granada on the road between Yoxford and Leiston.
You may also want to watch:
A man in the Astra suffered whiplash injuries while the female suffered neck and spine injuries and was airflifted to hospital. The man was transported by road ambulance.
A man driving the Granada car suffered neck and spine injuries and was also airlifted to hospital.
- 1 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 2 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 3 Community 'very shocked' by stabbing in Ipswich
- 4 Drug dealer seen bragging in YouTube rap videos
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 Work to start on new Ipswich town centre retirement homes
- 7 Burglary at O2 store in Ipswich town centre
- 8 Man to be sentenced over 'dine and dash' spree
- 9 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 10 Pair in court following suspected stolen dogs raid at West Meadows
Firefighters from Leiston, Aldeburgh and a rescue tender from Lowestoft cut the roofs off both vehicles to gain access to the victims.
Paramedics used spine boards to transfer the patients from the vehicles.
Police set up road diversions in the area after the accident. Firefighters and paramedics had left the scene by 9.20am.