Two arrested in connection with murder
POLICE have arrested two men in connection with the murder of a married father of two from Suffolk.Phillip Saville, 40, died two weeks after the August 2, 2001 attack, in London.
POLICE have arrested two men in connection with the murder of a married father of two from Suffolk.
Phillip Saville, 40, (right) died two weeks after the August 2, 2001 attack, in London.
The fight is thought to have involved around six men.
The Suffolk businessman was struck at around 1.30am and fell to the ground.
You may also want to watch:
He died in hospital 16 days later from head injuries.
Officers arrested two men, in their 20s, during a raid in the early hours of this morning, at a residential address in Beckton, east London.
- 1 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 2 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 3 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 7 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 10 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
The men have been taken to Belgravia police station in central London for questioning.
Mr Saville, 40, of Little Wratting near Haverhill, had been at a colleague's leaving party in London's West End on the night of the fight.
The father of two was punched and fell.
He hit his head on a Soho pavement fracturing his skull.
Mr Saville died on August 18 at The Wellington Hospital, Westminster.
Two men were featured in CCTV pictures of the scene, released in September, 2001.
A total of 20 detectives were initially involved in the murder case.