Two crashes at junction in 24 hours
A BUSY Ipswich junction was the scene of two road accidents in only 24 hours, after another collision today.A cyclist was involved in a crash in the latest accident where Nacton Road and Felixstowe Road meet at the top of Bishop's Hill, adjacent to Holywells Park.
A BUSY Ipswich junction was the scene of two road accidents in only 24 hours, after another collision today.
A cyclist was involved in a crash in the latest accident where Nacton Road and Felixstowe Road meet at the top of Bishop's Hill, adjacent to Holywells Park.
The accident, at 7.20am, came after a moped rider sustained leg and abdominal injuries in an accident at the same spot yesterday , shortly before 4.30pm.
The cyclist in today's collision was unharmed, however yesterday the moped rider, a man believed to be aged around 25, was taken by ambulance to Ipswich Hospital.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Trust said the man's injuries were not thought to be life-threatening.
Nacton Road resident Tom McCarthy said recent improvements to the junction had made it safer.
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 4 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 7 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 8 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 9 Suffolk headteacher criticises school rankings
- 10 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
He continued: “Prior to the improvements, it was sometimes a bit difficult, particularly when going from Nacton Road down Bishop's Hill. The traffic was difficult to see.
“Now you are forced to slow down and stop. The council have recognised there was a problem and tried to make it safer. It's certainly better than it was.”
Do you think the junction at Nacton Road and Felixstowe Road is unsafe? Have the changes to the junction helped? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com