Two injured in head-on crash
EMERGENCY services were called to a head-on collision in the heart of Ipswich today.It is believed the green sports car had been travelling the wrong way along the one-way system at Commercial Road, and been in collision with a driving school car going the other way.
EMERGENCY services were called to a head-on collision in the heart of Ipswich today.
It is believed the green sports car had been travelling the wrong way along the one-way system at Commercial Road, and been in collision with a driving school car going the other way.
The cars, a green R-reg Hyundai SE and a navy Peugeot 206, ended up bumper to bumper, and one driver was trapped.
The Peugeot belonging to Dasan Driving School had been driven by an instructor, and no pupil was believed to have been in the car at the time.
The accident happened at 10.45am.
A police spokesman at the scene said: "We are currently investigating what has happened."
- 1 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 2 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 3 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 8 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 9 Yellow weather warning in place as Storm Barra set to hit Suffolk
- 10 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
Traffic flowed around the crash site as firefighters from nearby Princes Street worked to free the trapped woman driver of the sports car. She was stretched from the scene, wearing shorts and a t-shirt.
Both she and the male instructor was also taken to hospital.
The extent of the two casualties' injuries were not yet known at the time of going to press.
Three crews, an ambulance, and an emergency doctor attended the scene.