Two injured in head-on crash
EMERGENCY services were called to a head-on collision in the heart of Ipswich today.It is believed the green sports car had been travelling the wrong way along the one-way system at Commercial Road, and been in collision with a driving school car going the other way.
EMERGENCY services were called to a head-on collision in the heart of Ipswich today.
It is believed the green sports car had been travelling the wrong way along the one-way system at Commercial Road, and been in collision with a driving school car going the other way.
The cars, a green R-reg Hyundai SE and a navy Peugeot 206, ended up bumper to bumper, and one driver was trapped.
The Peugeot belonging to Dasan Driving School had been driven by an instructor, and no pupil was believed to have been in the car at the time.
You may also want to watch:
The accident happened at 10.45am.
A police spokesman at the scene said: "We are currently investigating what has happened."
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 3 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 4 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 5 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 6 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
- 7 New streetfood restaurant set to open in Ipswich Corn Exchange
- 8 Ipswich man charged over alleged cocaine dealing
- 9 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
Traffic flowed around the crash site as firefighters from nearby Princes Street worked to free the trapped woman driver of the sports car. She was stretched from the scene, wearing shorts and a t-shirt.
Both she and the male instructor was also taken to hospital.
The extent of the two casualties' injuries were not yet known at the time of going to press.
Three crews, an ambulance, and an emergency doctor attended the scene.