Two men wearing balaclavas steal antiques during violent robbery in Ipswich
A couple aged in their 70s were injured during a robbery at an Ipswich home.
It happened in Humber Doucy Lane between 12.30am and 12.50am when two men wearing balaclavas forced entry into a property.
The male resident was pushed onto a bed and covered with a duvet and suffered minor injuries and a female resident also sustained a small cut to the head.
The offenders carried out a search and stole a number of watches and antiques.
One of the culprits is described as a white man, aged in his early 20s, of an average build, nearly 6ft tall and was wearing dark coloured clothing and a full face balaclava.
You may also want to watch:
The other is described as a man wearing a black balaclava and lighter coloured clothing.
Anyone with information relating to this crime should contact Ipswich CID quoting 37/16672/15 on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 5 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions