Two more arrests in Ipswich murder case
MURDER squad detectives investigating the killing of Jimoh Plunkett have arrested two more people, Suffolk police said today.The 24-year-old died from his wounds after being gunned down at the former Zest nightclub in Princes Street, Ipswich on December 9 last year.
MURDER squad detectives investigating the killing of Jimoh Plunkett have arrested two more people, Suffolk police said today.
The 24-year-old died from his wounds after being gunned down at the former Zest nightclub in Princes Street, Ipswich on December 9 last year.
The latest arrests bring the total number of people currently under suspicion for playing a part in Mr Plunkett's murder to 15.
Speaking about the latest batch of arrests, Anne Marie-Breach, spokeswoman for Suffolk police said: “We have arrested a 23-year-old man on suspicion of conspiracy to murder. He has been interviewed by detectives and bailed to return to a police station on November 15.
“A 19-year-old man has also been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder. He has been bailed until January 16.”
It emerged today that the 23-year-old, who is from London, was brought in for questioning last Thursday to a police station in the capital.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 4 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 5 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 8 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 9 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station
The 19-year-old, who is from the Brixton area, had been arrested three days earlier.
Last month The Evening Star reported four more arrests had taken place to go with the nine suspects who had been taken into custody previously.
Thirteen of the current 15 suspects have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder, while the remaining two were held on suspicion of Mr Plunkett's murder.
Most of those under suspicion have answered their bail dates this month and have now been re-bailed to either January 15 or 16.
The two men arrested on suspicion of murder were bailed until later this month, when they answered bail in September.
Of the 11 currently under arrest, four of them are women.
Mr Plunkett, of New Cross, London, was fatally wounded on a night of violence at Zest which left three other men with gunshot wounds and a fifth man with stab wounds.
The trouble erupted when large numbers of people from London descended on the nightspot, which police have successfully applied to have closed.