Two motorists in hospital after three-vehicle crash on A12 near Copdock Interchange
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
Two motorists, including an elderly female passenger, are in hospital after a three-vehicle crash on the A12 near Ipswich.
A Volkswagen Coupe, a Mercedes-Benz E-Class and a Volkswagen Sharan were involved in a collision on the A12 northbound at around 9.10am.
Police said a woman – an elderly passenger in the Mercedes – and a young man driving the Coupe suffered injuries not thought to be life-threatening and were taken to Ipswich Hospital.
The driver of the Sharan was uninjured.
An ambulance spokesman said two motorists suffered back and chest pain, but did not have any further details.
You may also want to watch:
The crash took place in the outside lane between junction 33 and 32b – around a mile from the Copdock Interchange.
The stretch of road, which has a 40mph amid ongoing roadworks, had fully re-opened by 10.15am.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 9 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 10 Decision expected on demolition of former Ipswich snooker hall