Two people in hospital after crash
TWO people are recovering today after being taken to hospital following a two-vehicle crash in Stowmarket.The accident, which saw a silver Ford Escort and a red BMW coupe involved in a collision, happened just before 10pm yesterday in Mill Lane.
TWO people are recovering today after being taken to hospital following a two-vehicle crash in Stowmarket.
The accident, which saw a silver Ford Escort and a red BMW coupe involved in a collision, happened just before 10pm yesterday in Mill Lane.
One man was taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment, while a second was conveyed to West Suffolk Hospital, in Bury St Edmunds, with a fractured jaw.
A spokeswoman for the fire service said they were called to the scene but the two casualties had been freed by the time they got there.
Police last night appealed for witnesses to the crash to call 01473 613500.
Meanwhile a car spun into a cottage alongside the busy A12 in Suffolk yesterday - just a month after a neighbouring property was hit twice in a day.
- 1 Lido cash bid could get restoration of much-loved pool underway
- 2 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 5 Line-up announced for Ipswich library's music event
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 8 Revealed: The latest Covid rates in every Suffolk neighbourhood
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 10 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
The accident happened along the Colchester-bound carriageway of the road at about 11am.
The car left the road in wet conditions and crashed into the roadside property, which is next door to a home hit twice by cars in less than eight hours on August 24.
The driver escaped yesterday's incident without serious injury.