Pair re-bailed over Tavis Spencer-Aitkens murder conspiracy charges
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been released on bail for a second time following their arrests on suspicion of conspiracy to murder an Ipswich teenager.
A 20-year-old man and 18-year-old man answered bail on Monday as investigations into the death of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens on June 2 continue.
Last Friday, two men and a teenage boy denied killing the 17-year-old after being charged with murder, while a third man has yet to enter a plea for the same charge.
Suffolk Constabulary launched a murder investigation after the former Ipswich Academy pupil was attacked by a group of males in Packard Avenue.
Tavis, of Pownall Road, died from a single stab wound to the heart, an inquest was told on the morning of his funeral, attended by hundreds of mourners at St Augustine’s Church on July 4.
You may also want to watch:
A total of nine people have been arrested by Suffolk police and questioned in connection with the killing.
A 41-year-old man, questioned on suspicion of conspiracy to murder, and a 36-year-old woman, arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, face no further action.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
A 17-year-old boy, arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder, also faces no further action.
Callum Platts, 23, from Ipswich but of no fixed abode, Aristote Yenge, of no fixed abode in Ipswich, and a 16-year-old boy from Colchester, who can not be named due to his age, all entered not guilty pleas to murder charges at Ipswich Crown Court on Friday.
Adebayo Amusa, 19, of Sovereign Road, Barking, has yet to appear for a pre-trial hearing.
All four have been remanded in custody until their next court appearances and a trial date has been set for November.
The two men arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder will answer bail on August 30.
This week, Superintendent Kerry Cutler called for anyone with information to come forward.
She said: “We want to ensure that justice is done for Tavis, his family and the wider community.
“I don’t want anyone to think information is no longer relevant.”
Anyone with information can contact the major investigation team by uploading information to the online portal at mipp.police.uk/operation/804, call 101 and quote reference 30192/18 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.