Two youngsters killed in car smash
A YOUNG man and woman have died in a three-vehicle crash in Essex.The 20-year-old man, from the Halstead area, and the 18-year-old woman, from Braintree, were pronounced dead after the accident on the A130 at Chelmsford.
A YOUNG man and woman have died in a three-vehicle crash in Essex.
The 20-year-old man, from the Halstead area, and the 18-year-old woman, from Braintree, were pronounced dead after the accident on the A130 at Chelmsford.
They were travelling in a black Honda car towards Braintree when it was in collision with a BMW car and a Cherokee jeep going in the opposite direction.
The accident happened on the A130 Essex Regiment Way at the junctions with Wheelers Lane at around 5pm.
Two fire crews from Chelmsford and one from Colchester used heavy cutting equipment to free the youngsters from the car.
A third person was also cut out of a second vehicle.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 7 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 8 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
An Essex Police spokesman said the A130 would be closed between the Wheelers Hill roundabout and the roundabout at the A130 and A131 junction overnight as officers investigated the accident.
The road was expected to remain closed until this morning and motorists were advised to avoid the area.
Officers are appealing for any witnesses but would particularly like to speak to the driver of a white Hyundai Accent travelling towards Braintree.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Chelmsford road policing unit on 01245 240600.