TXU Energi finally fades into history
TXU ENERGI will cease to exist from Monday.The brand name is being abolished, and all the company's customers will be getting their power under the label Powergen from then.
TXU ENERGI will cease to exist from Monday.
The brand name is being abolished, and all the company's customers will be getting their power under the label Powergen from then.
TXU Energi – the British retailing arm of the American-based TXU Corporation – was sold to Powergen last October after it got into serious financial difficulties that its parent company was not prepared to bail it out of.
Since then the deal has been backed by both the British government and the European Union, whose clearance allowed the final integration of the businesses.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich Town will wear the name Powergen as their shirt sponsors next season.
Now the TXU name is to be finally retired, and all bills sent out from now will be headed Powergen.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 3 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 8 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 9 3 new eateries for you to try as Covid rules ease
- 10 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
* The Ipswich buildings which are monuments to company difficulties – see Monday's Evening Star.