TXU staff learn of the way forward
POWERGEN chiefs are holding talks with the TXU staff whose jobs lie in their hands.More than 1,000 employees of the fallen energy giants are trooping in and out of Ipswich Town's Portman Road ground as their new owners give them an idea of the way ahead.
POWERGEN chiefs are holding talks with the TXU staff whose jobs lie in their hands.
More than 1,000 employees of the fallen energy giants are trooping in and out of Ipswich Town's Portman Road ground as their new owners give them an idea of the way ahead.
A spokesman for TXU said there was still a feeling of uncertainty among staff, but the Powergen talks had left people generally optimistic.
He said: "Clearly there is uncertainty, but the way things came across is reassuring.
"If the way they treated people through the takeover is an indication for the future, there is no reason to look at things any other way than positively.
"The Powergen people have been taking questions and answers from the floor.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 7 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 8 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 9 Estate agent switches household’s energy supply without telling tenant
- 10 Police cordon off Felixstowe town centre car park after incident
"They have been giving us an outline of their business and telling us how delighted they are to have acquired these operations as well."