UCS Fine Art students host a new art auction at the Waterfront
- Credit: Archant
A chance to own a piece of original art by stars of today and tomorrow
Local people again have the chance to own a piece of art work, donated by estabished artists or by students in the early stages of their careers.
UCS BA (Hons) Fine Art final year undergraduates are holding their art auction on Thursday February 25, 2016 in the UCS Waterfront Building to raise funds towards the cost of producing a catalogue and private view for their degree show, called Ctrl-Art-Del, in June.
Woodbridge-based auctioneer James Neal will be the man with the gavel, conducting the auction again this year.
“I am really looking forward to it,” he said, “It is always a fun evening.”
You may also want to watch:
This annual event is always an exciting evening with a wide variety of impressive art works available to buy, in a variety of styles and media.
This year a high number of well-known contemporary artists have donated work for the sale to help the students.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront
These artists include Billy Childish, Graham Crowley, Maggi Hambling, Ryan Gander, Sarah Lucas, Simon Faithful, Telfer Stokes and many more.
As usual, an interesting selection of UCS fine art students’ work is also for sale.
Student Abigail Moss said: “We have all worked hard to get to this point, and want to raise enough to put on a fantastic degree show to mark the end of our studies. We are delighted that so many of our art ‘heroes’ have given us such important work to sell alongside our own. This should be a brilliant evening.”
Auction lots can be viewed online at: www.ctrl-art-del.co.uk/auction or from Wednesday February 24 in the Waterfront Building Foyer.
Bidding starts at 7pm on Thursday 25th February 25, and payments can only be accepted by credit or debit card.
Contact the auction committee at: email@example.com for further details, or to place absentee bids.
The deadline for absentee bids is 6pm on Thursday February 25, 2016.