UCS Fine Art students host a new art auction at the Waterfront
- Credit: Archant
A chance to own a piece of original art by stars of today and tomorrow
Local people again have the chance to own a piece of art work, donated by estabished artists or by students in the early stages of their careers.
UCS BA (Hons) Fine Art final year undergraduates are holding their art auction on Thursday February 25, 2016 in the UCS Waterfront Building to raise funds towards the cost of producing a catalogue and private view for their degree show, called Ctrl-Art-Del, in June.
Woodbridge-based auctioneer James Neal will be the man with the gavel, conducting the auction again this year.
“I am really looking forward to it,” he said, “It is always a fun evening.”
This annual event is always an exciting evening with a wide variety of impressive art works available to buy, in a variety of styles and media.
This year a high number of well-known contemporary artists have donated work for the sale to help the students.
- 1 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 2 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 3 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 4 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 5 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 6 Woman injured after leg bitten by dog in Ipswich
- 7 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 8 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 9 7 reasons why Ipswich is becoming more foodie
- 10 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
These artists include Billy Childish, Graham Crowley, Maggi Hambling, Ryan Gander, Sarah Lucas, Simon Faithful, Telfer Stokes and many more.
As usual, an interesting selection of UCS fine art students’ work is also for sale.
Student Abigail Moss said: “We have all worked hard to get to this point, and want to raise enough to put on a fantastic degree show to mark the end of our studies. We are delighted that so many of our art ‘heroes’ have given us such important work to sell alongside our own. This should be a brilliant evening.”
Auction lots can be viewed online at: www.ctrl-art-del.co.uk/auction or from Wednesday February 24 in the Waterfront Building Foyer.
Bidding starts at 7pm on Thursday 25th February 25, and payments can only be accepted by credit or debit card.
Contact the auction committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org for further details, or to place absentee bids.
The deadline for absentee bids is 6pm on Thursday February 25, 2016.