UK: Footballers arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after motorway crash
UK: Two footballers have been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after the car they were in hit the central reservation of a motorway.
Aston Villa midfielder Barry Bannan, 21, and Shrewsbury Town striker James Collins, 20, were arrested on suspicion of drink-driving and failing to stop at the scene of an accident after the crash on the M1.
The pair were travelling in a black Range Rover when it struck the central reservation of the motorway near junction 26 at around 5.30am yesterday.
They were picked up by officers from Nottinghamshire Police as they walked through Bulwell in Nottinghamshire.
A spokesman for the force said: “Two men were arrested shortly after 7am on suspicion of drink-driving and failing to stop at the scene of an accident.
You may also want to watch:
“No other vehicles were involved and there were no reported injuries.
“Both have been bailed pending further inquiries and will return at a date in December.”
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 10 Ed Sheeran self-isolating after testing positive for Covid