UK: Man and baby injured after farm fire
UK: A child is missing and a man and baby have been injured after a fire at a farm, West Yorkshire Police said tonight.
A police spokesman said: “We attended what has turned out to be a serious fire at Hessle Farm, in Wragby, in Wakefield, at about 5.30pm this evening.
“There were two barns and a van parked nearby well ablaze.
“A 37-year-old man and a one-year-old girl have been taken to Pinderfields Hospital for treatment to burns. Their injuries are not life-threatening.
“A second child had not been accounted for, however police can now confirm that the body of a child has been found at the scene.”
The spokesman added: “Due to the nature of the fire, it will not be possible for the emergency services to recover the body until the morning.”
The spokesman said inquiries were continuing but the incident was not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 3 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 4 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 5 Ipswich man, 27, arrested after stabbing in Bury St Edmunds car park
- 6 Burger van owner's anger after thieves steal food from trailer in Ipswich
- 7 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 8 Travellers remain at Ipswich park after arrival last week
- 9 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 10 Five popular eateries that have opened in Ipswich so far this year
Roads around the isolated farm were cordoned off as ten fire engines continued to tackle the blaze.
Emergency vehicles could be seen leaving and entering the cordons, which were guarded by uniformed police officers.
The fire and clouds of smoke could be seen in the distance from behind the cordons.