UK Power Networks engineers work to restore electricity to homes in Ipswich after outage
- Credit: Archant
Homes in east Ipswich lost power early this morning.
The outage was first reported to UK Power Networks, which manages the power cables, just before 5am.
It happened in the IP4 5 area of the town, near Tasmania Road.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “Engineers worked as quickly and safely as possible to restore power to 139 customers in the Ipswich area following a fault on the underground electricity network at 4.50am this morning.
“Power was restored in stages with all supplies back on at around 8.25am.
You may also want to watch:
“We understand how difficult it is to be without power and apologise for any inconvenience caused.”
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood