UK: Three arrested in murder probe following discovery of body in bin
UK: Police have arrested three people on suspicion of murder following the discovery of a body in an industrial bin.
Two men aged 28 and 25 and a woman aged 20 were detained by detectives in Southampton.
The unidentified body was found by firefighters called to a blaze in the bin in Empress Road industrial estate in the city at around 3.10am yesterday.
The arrested trio are from Southampton, a Hampshire police spokeswoman said.
Police are still appealing for information, particularly from anyone who may have witnessed suspicious activity in or around the industrial estate, off Thomas Lewis Way, overnight.
Detective Inspector Simon Baker, who is leading the murder hunt, said: “We are making urgent inquiries to identify the body.”
The detective said he was unable to say whether the victim was male or female, their age or how badly burned the body was.
- 1 Boy, 14, injured in altercation near Ipswich primary school
- 2 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 3 School submits plan to turn site into 7 homes
- 4 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 5 Staff shortages hit 98% of firms, including Suffolk hotels and restaurants
- 6 Missing Ipswich man found safe
- 7 Ipswich entrepreneur to appear on ITV show
- 8 Suffolk woman describes 'brutal, shocking' unprovoked train attack
- 9 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 10 Police hunting two men with Suffolk links after cannabis farm discovered
The area where the body was found is part of Southampton’s red light district.