Undergrowth on fire in park
FIREFIGHTERS were called to tackle a fire in undergrowth in Gippeswyck Park, Ipswich, today.Two crews attended the scene in Chantry just after 3pm to find 20 metres of grass near the railway embankment well alight.
FIREFIGHTERS were called to tackle a fire in undergrowth in Gippeswyck Park, Ipswich, today.
Two crews attended the scene in Chantry just after 3pm to find 20 metres of grass near the railway embankment well alight.
Rail lines were briefly closed in Ipswich following the fire.
A spokesman for rail operator One said: “The up and down mainlines were closed to traffic north of Ipswich station for about 20 minutes.
“This would have affected about three or four trains.”
The crews extinguished flames and the incident was over by 3.15pm.
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 5 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 6 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 7 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
- 8 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 9 Three-home development for former Thornbank care home
- 10 New 'grab and go' vegan café on Ipswich Waterfront set to open in spring