Unicorn delight for tot
A KINDLY teenager has brought a sparkle to the face of Ipswich tot Harriet Parnell whose soft toy was on its last legs.Copleston High pupil Victoria Haddow read about the one-year-old's plight and in an incredible act of generosity offered to give the youngster a replacement unicorn.
A KINDLY teenager has brought a sparkle to the face of Ipswich tot, Harriet Parnell, whose soft toy was on its last legs.
Copleston High pupil, Victoria Haddow, read about the one-year-old's plight and in an incredible act of generosity offered to give the youngster a replacement unicorn.
"I felt really sorry for Harriet," said 13-year-old Victoria from Regina Close, who was given the toy as a Christmas present from her mother.
"I gave her mine so she can keep cuddling it."
Harriet had Horsey, as he was called, since Christmas and grew attached to it. Unfortunately her shows of love and the frequent washes took its toll and the was coming to the end of its life span.
In a last ditch effort Harriet's mother Sam, of Nunn Close, Martlesham, contacted The Evening Star who were happy to help. Mrs Parnell thanked Victoria for her kind donation.
- 1 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 2 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 3 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 4 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 5 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 6 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 7 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 8 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 9 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 10 Ipswich pubs offer cash reward to see spiking conviction