Unicorn delight for tot
A KINDLY teenager has brought a sparkle to the face of Ipswich tot Harriet Parnell whose soft toy was on its last legs.Copleston High pupil Victoria Haddow read about the one-year-old's plight and in an incredible act of generosity offered to give the youngster a replacement unicorn.
A KINDLY teenager has brought a sparkle to the face of Ipswich tot, Harriet Parnell, whose soft toy was on its last legs.
Copleston High pupil, Victoria Haddow, read about the one-year-old's plight and in an incredible act of generosity offered to give the youngster a replacement unicorn.
"I felt really sorry for Harriet," said 13-year-old Victoria from Regina Close, who was given the toy as a Christmas present from her mother.
"I gave her mine so she can keep cuddling it."
You may also want to watch:
Harriet had Horsey, as he was called, since Christmas and grew attached to it. Unfortunately her shows of love and the frequent washes took its toll and the was coming to the end of its life span.
In a last ditch effort Harriet's mother Sam, of Nunn Close, Martlesham, contacted The Evening Star who were happy to help. Mrs Parnell thanked Victoria for her kind donation.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 4 'Kind and caring' friend of the football community dies
- 5 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 9 Risk of thundery showers this evening, say forecasters
- 10 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit