Unicorn delight for tot
A KINDLY teenager has brought a sparkle to the face of Ipswich tot Harriet Parnell whose soft toy was on its last legs.Copleston High pupil Victoria Haddow read about the one-year-old's plight and in an incredible act of generosity offered to give the youngster a replacement unicorn.
A KINDLY teenager has brought a sparkle to the face of Ipswich tot, Harriet Parnell, whose soft toy was on its last legs.
Copleston High pupil, Victoria Haddow, read about the one-year-old's plight and in an incredible act of generosity offered to give the youngster a replacement unicorn.
"I felt really sorry for Harriet," said 13-year-old Victoria from Regina Close, who was given the toy as a Christmas present from her mother.
"I gave her mine so she can keep cuddling it."
You may also want to watch:
Harriet had Horsey, as he was called, since Christmas and grew attached to it. Unfortunately her shows of love and the frequent washes took its toll and the was coming to the end of its life span.
In a last ditch effort Harriet's mother Sam, of Nunn Close, Martlesham, contacted The Evening Star who were happy to help. Mrs Parnell thanked Victoria for her kind donation.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 4 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 5 New special school planned for former BT site
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 8 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe