David Vickery from Unit 17 in Ipswich named general manager of the year
- Credit: THE DELTIC GROUP
An Ipswich nightclub boss has been recognised at a national awards ceremony.
David Vickery, of Unit 17, Ipswich, has been crowned general manager of the year for the East of England by the Deltic Group.
Judges were particularly impressed by Mr Vickery’s rapport with his customers and the local authorities as well as his ability to find talented acts to appear on stage at the Cardinal Park venue.
He received his trophy from chief executive Peter Marks at the event held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Oxfordshire.
Mr Vickery said: “I love everything about my job and to receive this award is a real unexpected bonus.
“I’m delighted to share this award with my team, who have all contributed so much to making Unit 17 the town’s best late night venue.”
Regional director Garry-David Phillips hailed Mr Vickery as a “great all-round team player”.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 7 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Ipswich man found with indecent images of children is facing jail
- 10 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
The Deltic Group employs 3,000 people nationwide across 55 clubs.