Job centre staff return to work following evacuation
- Credit: Archant
A job centre in Ipswich evacuated after a suspicious item, thought to be a suitcase, was found in the building.
Police were called at 12.50pm to the Job Centre Plus at St Felix House in Silent Street after the discovery was made.
Members of the public were ushered out of the building and security staff manned the gates at the entrance to a walkway that leads to the centre.
Staff were also forced to leave the building over safety concerns.
A small crowd has gathered outside, watching as police work to establish if the suitcase may be suspicious.
The matter was quickly dealt with, the suitcase was removed and found not to be suspicious and the building was reopened by 1.15pm.
- 1 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 2 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 3 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 4 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 New 'grab and go' vegan café on Ipswich Waterfront set to open in spring
- 9 Town to gather to remember flood victims 69 years on
- 10 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house