Unsettled weather hits area
EXPECT sunshine and snow showers they said.Never had that weather forecast been truer than at the weekend.One minute the region was basking in the sun, looking up at a brilliant blue, almost cloudless sky, the next it was bracing itself against freezing blizzards.
By Jo Macdonald
EXPECT sunshine and snow showers they said.
Never had that weather forecast been truer than at the weekend.
One minute the region was basking in the sun, looking up at a brilliant blue, almost cloudless sky, the next it was bracing itself against freezing blizzards.
Seemingly out of nowhere on Saturday, clouds moved in and unleashed a battering of hail, sleet and snow on Suffolk.
The onslaught of the wintry weather left a white blanket across the county which soon turned to slush.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 Goat dies and ponies injured after dog attack
- 3 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Two men steal pedal bike from outside Ipswich primary school
- 6 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 7 Final homes in 75-house development to go on sale
- 8 Suffolk man collapsed at friend's home
- 9 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 10 Ipswich business worry as customers rein back spending
Then as quickly as the blizzard moved in it was gone again, replaced by the blazing sun which melted what was left of the snow.
It was not long before the ground was dry once more and not a trace remained of the cold weather that had bombarded the region.
East Anglia was lucky, however. The taste of winter here was a far cry from the weather conditions being endured elsewhere in the country.