Up and away at kite festival
WORLD and European champions from the world of kite flying graced Suffolk at an annual festival.They were joined by the UK's best freestyle power-kiters at the 11th Suffolk Kite Festival, at Rougham Airfield.
WORLD and European champions from the world of kite flying graced Suffolk at an annual festival.
They were joined by the UK's best freestyle power-kiters at the 11th Suffolk Kite Festival, at Rougham Airfield.
Martin Corrie, chairman of the festival committee, admitted he hoped younger visitors could be inspired for the future.
He said: “We had a fun-packed festival planned, with top international teams putting on some very impressive displays. The workshops gave children a great opportunity to get some hands on experience. And you never know, we might just discover a future kite designer.”
You may also want to watch:
The event included a kite-making workshop and competition for children and a dedicated flying area allowing anyone to fly their kite. Experts were on hand to offer tips and tricks of the trade.
The festival is staged jointly by the Suffolk Kite Flyers Club, Friends of Rougham Airfield and Rougham Estate.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 10 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault