Up and away for floodlights
IT was up, up and away at Portman Road as another piece of the North Stand jigsaw swung into place.With just four weeks until the start of the season, building work at the ground has moved on another dimension with two floodlights being put in to place.
IT was up, up and away at Portman Road as another piece of the North Stand jigsaw swung into place.
With just four weeks until the start of the season, building work at the ground has moved on another dimension with two floodlights being put in to place.
Weather conditions had to be just right to get one of the floodlight frames into place and an early morning attempt had to be aborted due to rain.
However later in the day the support stand to house the light was slowly lifted into place at the corner of the North Stand and the Britannia Stand.
You may also want to watch:
The actual light section was lifted into place minutes later.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 3 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 4 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 5 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 6 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 7 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 8 New walking trail explores 'key role' Suffolk played in Anglo-Saxon history
- 9 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart