Up-and-coming act prepare for band night
A band who have in the past supported chart-topping acts are preparing to take to the stage for the LoveMusic24.co.uk Battle of the Bands contest.
SUFFOLK: A band who have in the past supported chart-topping acts are preparing to take to the stage for the LoveMusic24.co.uk Battle of the Bands contest.
Liam Fitzgerald, Ashley Barr, Lee Yang and Sean Alston formed Fagan in 2006 and have recently won plaudits for their indie/pop style.
Twenty-one-year-old singer and guitarist, Liam Fitzgerald, said: “We recently got to support The Holloways at Essex University which was really good.
“We gained a lot of support from other bands who have supported them, too - some of them are even coming down to The Regent to watch us play in the contest.”
You may also want to watch:
Influenced by the likes of Oasis, Arctic Monkeys, Muse and The Smiths, the band were the winners of last year's Clacton's Got Talent.
The four members went to Colbayns High School in Clacton, although their friendship only sparked after the band was formed.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
Vocalist Liam later added: “We didn't really know each other at school, although I knew Ashley and had told him I was interested in forming a band.
“We then started looking for other members and we found Lee in a pub and Sean on Myspace.
“We're really looking forward to playing in the Battle of the Bands - there is a good, diverse selection of bands involved.”
The other Battle of The Bands finalists are This Boy Wonders, Playing With Fire, Echoes Fall and This Sudden Injury.
The acts will go head-to-head on Saturday in the final at the Circle Lounge of The Regent.
Tickets cost �5 and are available from www.wegottickets.com/event/61555?user=tickets